Here are 16 key takeaways from Peter Thiel’s book – Zero to One. The book has a ton of insights for those looking to start up their own business or even those who operate a business in a corporate setup.
Here are 12 key takeaways from Jordan Pearson’s 12 Rules For Life. Click on the arrows to read more on that takeaway! The book is really comprehensive and I have extracted / occasionally paraphrased key ideas that resonated with me.
1. Project confidence – Stand up straight, shoulders back, look straight ahead.
2. Define your purpose and principles – articulate them and stand up for them, Take responsibility for your own care and demand fairness in relationships.
3. Surround yourself with friends who want the best for you.
4. Compare yourself to who you were yesterday. Do not compare yourself with others. Aim to be a little bit better, every day.
5. Do not let children do anything that makes you dislike them
6. Focus on improving yourself, before trying to improve others and the world
7. Pursue what is meaningful not what is easy
8. Tell the Truth. Speaking your mind puts your actions in harmony with your true desires.
9. Learn to listen, including to yourself.
10. Be precise in your speech – say exactly what you mean.
11. Articulate your wants and do not bottle them up.
12. Remember to step back and be grateful for even the smaller pleasures
What goes into a blog post? Helpful, industry-specific content that: 1) gives readers a useful takeaway, and 2) shows you’re an industry expert.
Use your company’s blog posts to opine on current industry topics, humanize your company, and show how your products and services can help people.